Ready to join the Dread Family? Awesome!
Before we get started It's important to let you know what the DreadHead Dread Family is all about!
My vision for the Dread Family is a place to share our dreading experience and dread pics and eventually to create a support group for people starting dreadlocks with DHHQ products and methods.
The main strength of the community, and what sets it apart from every other forum or page where people talk about dreadlocks, is that everyone is using the same products and methods and maintaining thier dreads in much the same way. This makes helping each other so much easier and it adds a lot of value for every member.
For example, someone asks a question about the progress of their dreads you can give them a more specific answer knowing that they are using the same techniques and products that you are and can expect a similar result.
Since everyone's profile will have their hair type, texture, section size etc. you'll have a really good idea on how their experience will compare to yours.
If I've just started my dreads and I'm trying to figure out what my dreads will look like at 9 months I can find other Dread Family members that have the same hair type and section size and see what their 9 month pics looked like.
This has never been done before and it's an invaluable resource for peeps starting and sporting dreads. I'm really excited about sharing this with you - my dread family =]
The closer you follow the site as a guide to dreading the better the Dread Family will be able to help you answer questions and guage your results. Imagine all the time you'll save if you can correct a maintenance issue in a week vs not knowing things were off for a month or more! Better results in less time? Always! =]
The Dread Family is for DreadHead Customers following the site as their dreading guide.
Here's a quick test to see if the Dread Family is right for you:
- 1) Did you start your dreads with backcombing?
- 2) Did you section your dreads?
- 3) Have you used DHHQ products to start n' maintain your dreads?
- 4) Do you like sharing pics of your dreads and helping others by sharing your journey?
If you answered "yea" to tha questions above youre ready to sign up and join tha family!
Here's a quick summary of the 4 setup steps:
1) From the Dread Family front page you'll click the button that says "Customer Signup" (Front page link: http://www.dreadheadhq.com/dread-family)
2) Next you'll fill in your info and your dread stats, dread journey and you'll upload a profile photo. Dreadlocks Artists will be able to put in info about their services, location, pricing etc. You'll need a DreadHead order number from any one of your previous orders for this part. This is required for activiation. If you can't find a previous order number please let me know using the from mentioned below.
Very important! Please Read! Since you'll be writing out your journey, your interests and other things you don't want to have to re-write please type these things out in an file on your computer or in gmail where it will autosave your work. That way, if some glitchyness happens when you submit your info, you won't have to re-write everything. It's also not a bad idea to put all the pics you upload into a folder on your computer. If anything should happen you won't have to go searching for them again. I don't expect issues but it's better to play it safe. =]
3) At this point your profile will be added to the approval cue. As soon as I'm able to approve it you'll get a link in your email letting you know it's ready.
4) Now you can upload your dread pics! There is a title field for each pic you upload, click the cute little pencil icon to edit the title and put the age of your dreads in the picture! Now you're set! Check out the the other profiles and make some friends. You can search to find others with dreads similar to yours.
If you have suggestions or run into problems along the way please use this form to let me know!
Disclaimer thingy: I want to let you know that the pics you upload and the updates you post will all be public regardless of settings. They will be seen by family memebers and visitors to our site. One of the goals of the community is to raise the dread-bar and show the public just how epic dreads can be - so let your dreads down, n' show'em off!!
Thanks for being part of the fam! I'll see you on the site!
-Knotty Jonny Clean
BONUS: If you've been using the techniques and tools on our site for a little while and you'd like to share your knowledge with other family members I'd love it if you could make a tutorial video covering any technique or product you like. Not only is it really rewarding to help people out with their dread journey, you can also get some really sick discounts for uploading video tutorials. We even have a turorial video contest in the works! =]